Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Blogging

I have to say that I enjoy having a blog and the process of blogging! But it is still a learning process. Clearly, my blogs about special ed issues are the easiest to produce as they are personal and, during the school year, they affect my day to day and week to week life. I recently added a tool that when I write something, it will give me other sites that I can link to, but I've found that all of the sites that it recommends are other opinion sites; usually I am look for fact sites, so I haven't found it to be very helpful. I have been trying to find a counter tool as I have talked to numerous people who follow my blog, but aren't willing to sign up as a follower...even an anonymous follower! I had something on earlier, but it tracked where people signed on from - "Leesburg, Facebook; Timbuktoo, Google" and the like. I'm not interested in where people live, and even less interested in having it actually show up in live time on my blog, so I've removed it and am still looking for something that will give an idea of how many folks check out the blog on a regular basis. So if you see weird things appear and then disappear, don't be intimidated. I'm just trying to find tools that will help me to do this better.

I pretty much consider myself to be politically moderate as I can split a ticket with the best of them, so I follow a variety of blogs - especially local blogs. There is an advantage to listening to what all sides have to say on specific issues, so I may put up a box with the blogs that I follow. You might be surprised at what I check out most days! If you have suggestions of blogs that might be interesting, feel free TO MAKE AN ANONYMOUS COMMENT and let me know (hint, hint on the comments thing...I'd rather have a dialogue than post a journal).

Thanks to Ms Giggles for helping me to post the You Tube video in the previous post. I only hope she can do something with my actual, outdated sewing website tomorrow before she leaves on Friday to go back to school.

Will give an update on my beloved kids soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment