Tuesday, May 12, 2009

School is Ending - Again

It's that special time of the year here in VA, Standards of Learning testing time. With a 2005 graduate and a 2008 graduate, we only have to see our member of the class of 2017 (!) through this year's set of tests. Reading poses no problem and neither does Virginia Studies; it's math that we need to spend some time on this year. With our older kids, I didn't actually spend any time "preparing" them for elementary SOL's as the students are not required to pass to continue to the next grade. It's the school that is graded at the elementary level, but Little Dude is thriving, so I'll actually spend some time with him reviewing.

Here's the list from the teacher for math:
  • multi-step multiplication
  • addition & subtraction with regrouping
  • place value to the hundred millions and thousandths
  • long division
  • fractions
  • measurement
I'm not doing measurement as they are on that topic now, but I'm adding flash cards just to be safe. Fractions could take some time as this includes adding, subtracting, etc. of like and unlike fractions. And I don't see algebra on the list, but they learned the basics of that this year too. The test is on May 20th, so I have a week! Guess I'd better get started.

1 comment: